Call for Papers
Encuentros Barcelona 2016 will hold a poster session and a Pecha Kucha session to offer a space for participants to show their research projects, work and/or entrepreneurial activities. The authors whose abstracts focus on the premise of the Conference, “Knowledge for social equity”, will be considered to be awarded for the best poster or best Pecha Kucha.
These presentations will be included in a book (Actas de Encuentros Barcelona 2016 / Proceedings of Encuentros Barcelona 2016) that will consist of the abstracts accepted by the organizing committee.
The application process will be open until September 25th of 2016 at 23:59 (UTC/GMT +1).
NOTE: It is mandatory that the presenting author of any accepted poster be duly registered at the conference.
HOW TO APPLY?
To participate in the poster session of Encuentros Barcelona 2016 you have to fill the next form (download here). Then, once you have filled the form you shall save it with the data of the author that will present the work: LastName_FirstName.pdf, which you must upload to the website https://dropitto.me/EBCN2016 using the password “barcelona”.
The abstract acceptance will be notified maximum 30 days after having uploaded the form to the designated website. In the same notification it will be specified if the authors were selected for the poster’s session. Previous to the inclusion of the abstract in the digital book Proceeding of Encuentros Barcelona 2016 the authors will have the opportunity to review their abstract again.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ABSTRACT PREPARATION
The abstract may be submitted in English or Spanish, but it is imperative to use the downloadable form (images and tables can not be included). The structure of the abstract central body is the following:
- Introduction (problematic and objectives).
- Materials and methods (if applicable).
- Results and discussion.
- References according to APA regulation (alphabetical order).
NOTE: For the final acceptance of poster and/or Pecha Kucha presentations, and their publication in the book, it is mandatory that the author has duly registered at the Conference.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR A POSTER PRESENTATION
The posters sessions will take place in October 26th, 27th and 28th 2016, between 16:30 and 18:00 (the respective session will be assigned by the organizing committee). The poster should be prepared and brought by the author/authors and according to the following instructions:
- The poster will have the same title, same authors and same institutional affiliations as those provided in the abstract.
- As the abstract, the poster may be presented in English or Spanish.
- The poster size is standard, A0 sheet (84.1*118.9cm) and must be oriented vertically.
- Authors must ensure that the poster is as clear as possible and can be explained without the need of contributions or interventions by the author/authors.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR A PECHA KUCHA PRESENTATION
The Pecha Kucha presentations will take place in October 26th 2016, between 20:00 and 22:00. The format considerations for this presentation are:
- 20 slides with 20 seconds long for each slide (6 minutes and 40 seconds in total).
- In the presentation the submitted abstract should be presented and could be performed either in English or Spanish.
Those selected will be informed about the last date to send the presentation in PDF format in a posterior notice.